Monday, March 9, 2009

First Zoo Trip

Zoe's first trip to the Zoo was an adventure to say the least!! I thought that this would be a great age to take Zoe on her first Zoo adventure, but as it turns out, she didn't have the great big awe reaction that I had imagined. She enjoyed walking around on her own and the trees and flowers more than the animals themselves. It didn't help that while we were making the rounds, it was nap time for most of the animals so there wasn't much excitement going on! I was hoping that she would get to hear the big animal noises (an elephant trumpeting, a lion roaring) - maybe next time! She liked the zebras, the aquarium and the sea lions the best. By the time we'd made it around to the gift shop, she was tuckered out. I picked out a stuffed elephant for her and she loves it! I think we will be going back to the Zoo, but probably not until next year!


Zoe checks out the ducks in the Children's Zoo.

Zoe loved the aquariums! She even got to see her favorite Disney characters...Nemo and Dory!


Zoe and her new elephant.

1 comment:

Labay Family said...

I can't wait till our first trip to the Zoo!!! How fun. Zoe is so cute with her elephant. I didn't know you had a blog!! Glad I'm the first to join!